Recipe by Missy Wombat
I wish it was the citrus season here now as this sounds yummy! One from ABC Radio (Australia).
- 1 grapefruit
- 6 seville oranges
- 6 firm mandarin oranges
- 3 dozen passion fruit
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 7⁄8 kg sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice grapefruit, oranges and mandarins very thinly.
- Place in a large bowl and cover with 6 pints (or about 2. 8 litres) of water and stand overnight.
- Next morning put them into a large pot and boil slowly till skins are tenders (about 2 hours).
- Meanwhile, scrape the pulp from the passionfruit.
- Place the skins from the passionfruit in a separate pot, cover with water and cook until skins are tender.
- Scrape out pulpy inner flesh and discard outer skin.
- Chop the flesh and add to the pot of tenderised citrus skins.
- Add the juice of 2 lemons and 6 lb (or about 2. 8kg) of sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved then boil until setting point is reached.
- Add the passionfruit pulp and return to boil for 2 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Boil and seal.
- Dont open for 6 weeks!