Recipe by Jostlori
NOTE: Cooking time is refrigeration time. Serving size is a guess. This recipe was one of several passionfruit recipes in an expat magazine. I haven't tried them yet, but these little gelatin squares sound really good! Passionfruit is yellow here, and is sweeter than the purple variety found in the US. This may require that you add a bit more sugar, although a can of sweetened condensed mik sounds pretty sugary to me. Adjust sugar to your taste before adding the egg whites.
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 177.44 ml passion fruit pulp, this is 4-6 fruits (strained)
- 14.79 ml unflavored gelatin
- 59.14 ml water
- chantilly cream (whipped)
- fresh mint sprig
- maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the passionfruit pulp to extract the juice, then strain. Set aside.
- Mix the gelatin in the water and warm it to dissolve it completely.
- Pour the condensed milk into the mixer bowl and begin to mix, adding one egg yolk at a time.
- Add the passionfruit pulp as you continue to mix, then add the dissolved gelatin. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the three egg whites untiol soft peaks form, then fold into the gelatin mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a pyrex and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped cream (or cool whip), a mint leaf and a cherry, if desired.