3 hrs 20 mins
NOTE: Cooking time is refrigeration time. Serving size is a guess. This recipe was one of several passionfruit recipes in an expat magazine. I haven't tried them yet, but these little gelatin squares sound really good! Passionfruit is yellow here, and is sweeter than the purple variety found in the US. This may require that you add a bit more sugar, although a can of sweetened condensed mik sounds pretty sugary to me. Adjust sugar to your taste before adding the egg whites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup passion fruit pulp, this is 4-6 fruits (strained)
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Process the passionfruit pulp to extract the juice, then strain. Set aside.
- 2Mix the gelatin in the water and warm it to dissolve it completely.
- 3Pour the condensed milk into the mixer bowl and begin to mix, adding one egg yolk at a time.
- 4Add the passionfruit pulp as you continue to mix, then add the dissolved gelatin. Set aside.
- 5In a separate bowl, beat the three egg whites untiol soft peaks form, then fold into the gelatin mixture.
- 6Pour the mixture into a pyrex and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- 7Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped cream (or cool whip), a mint leaf and a cherry, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passionfruit (Maracuya) Gelatin Squares
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 97.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 7.5 g