Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this on the passionfruit website, and thought it looked great! Will definitely be making this soon and will update.
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup passion fruit pulp
- 1 small banana (over-ripe)
- 1 small mango
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar (extra)
For the toffee
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form gradually add sugar, beat until dissolved; gently fold in passionfruit pulp.
- Bring large frying pan of water to boil, reduce heat until water is simmering.
- Mould passionfruit mixture into egg shapes using two dessertspoons Drop shapes into simmering water poach on one side for about a minute gently turn with slotted spoon, poach another minute.
- Remove the "islands" from water with slotted spoon, drain or-absorbent paper; cool.
- Continue poaching with remaining mixture.
- Mash banana with fork; you need 2 tablespoons banana.
- Puree flesh of mango; you need 1/2 cup puree.
- Bring milk to the boil in saucepan remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks and extra sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Gradually stir egg yolk mixture into hot milk.
- Stir constantly over heat, without boiling until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat, stir in banana and mango.
- Pour into serving dish, top with islands, decorate with toffee.
- For the toffee:.
- Stir sugar and corn syrup in saucepan over heat, without boiling until sugar dissolves.
- Boil rapidly, uncovered, without stirring, until mixture turns a light golden brown; remove from heat, allow bubbles to subside.
- Dip two teaspoons back to back into toffee and pull toffee into thin strands.