Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old family recipe from the depression era. This is a great way to use passionfruit!
Make and share this Passionfruit Flummery recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 passion fruit
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whipped cream (optional)
- Sprinkle the gelatine over a 1/4 cup of the water, dissolve over hot water.
- Blend the flour with a little of the remaining water and combine in a pan with remaining water and sugar.
- Stir over heat until the mixture boils and thickens and remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in the dissolved gelatine. orenage and lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixer bowl and beat on low speed until just beginning to thicken and then beat on medium speed until the mixture is thick and very foamy.
- Stir in the passionfruit pulp and fold in firmly beaten egg whites.
- Pour mixture into serving dish or individual dishes and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with piped cream if desired.