An old family recipe from the depression era. This is a great way to use passionfruit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the gelatine over a 1/4 cup of the water, dissolve over hot water.
- 2Blend the flour with a little of the remaining water and combine in a pan with remaining water and sugar.
- 3Stir over heat until the mixture boils and thickens and remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 4Stir in the dissolved gelatine. orenage and lemon juice and mix well.
- 5Pour the mixture into a large mixer bowl and beat on low speed until just beginning to thicken and then beat on medium speed until the mixture is thick and very foamy.
- 6Stir in the passionfruit pulp and fold in firmly beaten egg whites.
- 7Pour mixture into serving dish or individual dishes and refrigerate until set.
- 8Serve with piped cream if desired.
Nutritional Facts for Passionfruit Flummery
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 43.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g