Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Manna from heaven! Serve this delicious curd with meringues or pavlova and thick cream, on scones and muffins, or as a filling for cakes and tarts. I love adding a dollop, along with some vanilla yoghurt, to serve with Swiss muesli. Recipe can be halved, in which case use 2 extra large eggs.
- Place the butter and sugar in the top section of a double saucepan or metal bowl, and set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Allow them to combine and melt together, stirring from time to time until smooth, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk in the beaten eggs and passionfruit pulp, then cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 15 minutes, until it thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Do not allow it to boil, otherwise it will curdle!
- Cool to room temperature, cover the surface with plastic wrap, then refrigerate until chilled.
- Keeps 1 to 2 weeks in the fridge.