Manna from heaven! Serve this delicious curd with meringues or pavlova and thick cream, on scones and muffins, or as a filling for cakes and tarts. I love adding a dollop, along with some vanilla yoghurt, to serve with Swiss muesli. Recipe can be halved, in which case use 2 extra large eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the butter and sugar in the top section of a double saucepan or metal bowl, and set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- 2Allow them to combine and melt together, stirring from time to time until smooth, about 15 minutes.
- 3Whisk in the beaten eggs and passionfruit pulp, then cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 15 minutes, until it thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- 4Do not allow it to boil, otherwise it will curdle!
- 5Cool to room temperature, cover the surface with plastic wrap, then refrigerate until chilled.
- 6Keeps 1 to 2 weeks in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passionfruit Curd
Serving Size: 1 (1047 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.0
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 386.3 mg
- Sodium 105.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 105.1 g
- Protein 9.2 g