LowCarb Girl's Note:
I made this cheesecake from a cake filling changing them to suit a zero carb diet I am following. It is so yummy I make this every week. Everyone absolutely devours it and we can not get enough. Hope you enjoy it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups almond meal
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup splenda sugar or 1/3 cup other substitute sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cream
- 170 g passion fruit or 10 -12 fresh passion fruit pulp
- 1 (25 ounce) packet gelatin
- 2 (250 g) packages cream cheese spread (the higher less in fat the softer it will be go for 60% less fat it sits better)
- 1 cup splenda sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 80 ml hot water (no more as it wont set properly)
- 1Use a round spring open type tin.
- 3Separate eggs – beat egg whites till half stiff add sugar and beat until stiff peaks & glossy.
- 4Add almond meal, vanilla essence and egg yolks and fold mixture into egg whites until its blended – don’t beat.
- 5Be sure to butter the tin or spray lightly with oil to avoid sticking. I also place baking paper on the bottom. Pour mixture in tin for baking. And cook for around 20 mins or insert a skewer to check and ensure it is cooked through. Once cooked remove and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- 7Whip the cream until stiff and place in fridge.
- 8Mix the lemon and gelatine together, add the hot water until dissolved.
- 9Place 1/2 tin or pulp of passion-fruit into a saucepan or small pot on stove medium heat until it starts to just boil then quickly add half of this to the gelatine mixture to loosen and then pour the gelatine mixture back into the pot and allow to come to a slight boil for 5 seconds and remove from heat. With a strainer pour the mixture into a cup & allow to cool. Be sure to discard the seeds from this mixture as we only want the juice.
- 10Beat together the philly cream cheese & sugar until smooth add remainder of passion-fruit pulp and add the cream. Whilst beating slowly pour the gelatine mixture until all is blended well.
- 11Your filling is now ready to pour onto your base (base must be cooled) I keep it in the cake tin and place it in fridge covered with a plastic bag.
- 12Any left over filling eat it and enjoy until the cheesecake is set the next day.
- 13Day after - Get a thin knife or butter spreader/spatula and run it along the wall to separate the cheesecake from the tin cut yourself a massive piece and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passionfruit Cheesecake Unbaked - Low Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.3
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 183.5 mg
- Sodium 646.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 88.9 g