Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 mins
I haven't made this myself, because my mother always makes them, there very yummy and great for family get togethers / picnics / do ahead for a buffet. There alittle bit fiddlely (thats why I let mum make them - LOL). This recipe has also just appeared in one of our monthly food magazines - Super Food Ideas. Cooking time is refrigeration time
- 2 (200 g) packetsarnotts lattice biscuits (Cookies)
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (300 g) carton sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of, finely grated (1/2 cup juice)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 passion fruit, pulp removed
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Line a 30cm x 20cm baking tin/pan with baking paper.
- Arrange half the biscuits/cookies over the whole base- cut them to fit if necessary.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sour cream and 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- Beat until well combined.
- Stir in lemon rind.
- Combine 1/2 cup of lemon juice& gelatine in a heat proof bowl, place over a saucepan of simmering water, stir until gelatine is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature.
- Stir gelatine mixture into cream cheese mix, spread over biscuit/cookie base.
- Top with remaining biscuits/cookies- try and make sure they line up, this will make it easier to cut.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Sift remaining icing sugar into a bowl, add butter, passionfruit& water (if necessary).
- Stir until well combined.
- Spread over passionfruit icing mix over slice.
- When set, cut into squares and serve.
Making these was not as hard as I expected it to be & they looked very nice when finished. I am not a sour cream lover, so I didnt like them, but the rest of the family loved them. Thanks Annetty