Recipe by Jaily
I created the Passion Fruit pie filling for this cheesecake because pie fillings are not readily available in Australia. Of course, you can still use blueberry or cherry pie filling as topping for this cheesecake. This recipe is easily adaptable to low-fat and low-sugar ingredients. This cheesecake freezes extremely well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs or 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (6 ounce) cans passion fruit pulp
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Biscuit base: Combine ingredients then press into an 8" round cake pan or a 9"x9" cake pan. Bake at 350F or 180C for approximately 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Cheesecake: Beat cheese until consistency is light. Gradually add milk to blend. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla then pour over cooled biscuit crust. Place in fridge or freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Passion Fruit pie filling: Stir pulp, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over low to medium heat until boil. Combine cornstarch with a little of the mixture until pasty then stir into the remaining mixture. Stir until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat then allow to cool for approximately 30 minutes. Spread over cheese filling.