Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A one bowl,quick to make and tasty cake.Best buttercake recipe I've tried.I got this from Super Food Idea magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup passion fruit (I used a sauce)
- 185 g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- Preheat oven 180C,grease large rectangular tin and line with baking paper.
- Put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and beat on a low speed until combined.
- Increase speed to high and beat 2-3 minutes until pale.
- Pour into baking tin and bake for 50 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into middle of the cake.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn onto wire rack to cool.
- Cut into small squares.
- To make a glace icing(optional)combine 1 1/2 cups icing sugar,2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 teaspoon softened butter in a small bowl,stir with wood spoon until a spreadable consistency and spread over cake.
This cake came out really dry,the fresh passionfruit was gritty,and the icing wasn't that fantastic.I was actually very stressed out about wasting the cake in our hard times these days.It didn't even taste nice, very,very blend without the icing and with the icing you could only taste the sweetness without any flavour.In fact this is the worst cake I have ever made.This is the first time I have ever made something from the Zaar without any rating....next time I should follow the ratings like I always do.