Recipe by cookingpompom
Handwritten for my grandmother by her friend Alice, dated as 1959. Original recipe does not give yeild amount, so I am guessing. Use passionfruit butter the same as lemon butter on toast or to fill tartlets. Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh passion fruit pulp, keep the seeds in
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Place bowl over a pot of boiling water, but don't let the base touch the water.
- Stir constantly until a thick custard like consistancy is reached.
- Let cool and place in a container, or place in hot steralised jars for longer shelf life.