This is a dessert found when searching for South African recipes. Typical in Zimbabwe but commonly found in other South Africa regions. Passion-fruit juice may be obtained in gourmet food and specialty shops. If not available, use apricot nectar. Cook time does not include chilling time.
- In a large bowl dissolve orange gelatin in boiling water. Add passionfruit juice or nectar and stir to combine.
- Chill until mixture begins to set then stir it well.
- Whip the cream until stiff and then fold into the partially set gelatine.
- Spoon lightly into dessert dishes or a wine or martini glass. Garnish if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I had never had a passion fruit or juice, but found some that was mixed with white grape use, and got it as it was the only one I could find. I will say that it is a very different fruit flavor, wasn't sure if I would like this dessert!! But mixed with the orange jello and then the whipped cream folded in makes for a very light and fruity dessert!!! Made for ZWT4.