Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and delicious. To reheat warm in microwave on Medium for 30 seconds.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped
- 100 g butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1⁄4 cup passion fruit pulp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons passion fruit pulp
- To make icing: Stir all ingredients together until smooth.
- To make muffins:.
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius Grease 12 capacity muffin tray.
- Combine flour, sugar and chocolate in a bowl.
- Make well in centre and whisk butter, milk, eggs, passionfruit and vanilla and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix until just combined and pour into tray.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cool and pour icing over.
These are yummy. I left the white chocolate out (personal preference) and used a 1/4 cup less of the sugar in the frosting and added it to the muffins. You still definitely need the frosting in terms of sweetness though, since the passionfruit packs such a tart punch. The frosting also gives it a nice fresh flavor too.