Recipe by evelyn/athens
From Confident Cooking. Churning time not included.
Top Review by Chef Kate
Yum! I am so glad I have two bowls for my ice cream maker and can therefore do several different desserts. I paired this with lemon buttermilk ice cream. Lovely! Used Cointreau and frozen passionfruit.
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup passion fruit pulp
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice, passionfruit pulp, sugar and liqueur in a large bowl.
- using electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; using metal spoon, gradually fold egg whites into orange juice mixture.
- pour into ice cream maker and chill/churn for about 30 minutes.