Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe after eating this at a restaurant "China Doll". I prefer asian desserts as they are light and refreshing and don't seem to have the calories nor guilt - but actually probably do! Cooking time does not include chilling time.
- 2 1⁄4 cups orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1⁄2 cups passion fruit pulp, fresh
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 6 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sago
- Combine orange juice, passionfruit pulp, water and sugar in saucepan and bring slowly to simmer stirring constantly.
- Add sago and cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Continue cooking for 20 minutes, stirring frequently until sago is translucent.
- Pour into bowl and allow sag ot cool then chill thoroughly before serving.
This was a great recipe. The sago was very tangy and fruity. The only downside is that it used 15 passionfruit (and 6 oranges), so unless you grow your own it could be expensive to make! It also took about twice as long to cook, but it was worth it.