Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from James Martin - a BBC chef - I found it in the May edition of the Good Food magazine - this is a British magazine that I just love and luckily I can get it here in Australia although it is always a couple of months behind!!
- 50 g butter
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 medium egg whites
- 1 passion fruit, halved
- 125 ml prepared custard, from supermarket ready made
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Grease 4 ramekins with butter.
- Dust them inside with 1 tbsp caster sugar.
- Whisk egg whites till stiff.
- Add 1 tbsp caster sugar and whisk again.
- Scoop passionfruit into custard incl seeds.
- Fold egg whites into custard.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins.
- Place them on baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.