Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A mixture of fruits I found at the summer market with a creamy sweet dressing that is perfectly pink. I started realizing that not everyone might have access to these wonderful fruits, or they just may not be in season everywhere. If you can't get passion fruit, try subbing kiwi fruit or green seedless grapes in its place, just something gently tart. Carambola is sweet and for subbing I might recommend something like a cup of honeydew melon chunks. The rest are pretty common, but if not, just sub whatever you have. TNT
- 1 whole pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 cups chopped fresh mango
- 1 carambolas or 1 star fruit, sliced
- 2 ripe wrinkled passion fruit, split, with pulp removed and seeds strained out
- 1 (12 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained with syrup reserved
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup white miniature marshmallows or 1 cup pink miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Mix fruits and marshmallows together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together sour cream and powdered sugar with 1/4 cup of the reserved cherry syrup; discard the rest.
- Gently fold sweetened sour cream dressing into fruit.
- Cover and chill for several hours before serving (shows as cooking time).
DELICIOUS! I made as written except I topped w/ a cherry instead of using in the salad itself. So fast and easy and especially refreshing after a spicy meal. Thank you, Sue L, for a great recipe. Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
Didn't think I'd fair too well finding useable fresh fruits, but I did come up with pineapple, mango & star fruit! Those along with the other packaged ones made for a great tasting salad, one well worth making again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]
oh gosh this is so delicious! I made this using only the pineapple and cherries increasing the fresh pineapple amount, the other fruits were unavailable at my grocery store, it was still wonderful, and I will make again my DH loved this thanks for sharing Lori!...Kitten :)