1/4 Photos of Passion Strawberry Fruit Leather - Dehydrator Roll-Ups
6 hrs 3 mins
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Once you know how to plug your dehydrator in, you're limited only by your imagination regarding how many different "recipes" you can come up with for fruit leather. These simple snacks are healthy and often more convenient to eat than fresh fruit. I ziplock a batch and take it with me. Either pureed apples or applesauce makes a great inexpensive texturizer with a rather mild flavor, so I often flesh out whatever the main fruit flavor is with it. This time it's strawberries! (My friend Freya arrived on my doorstep last weekend with a HUUUUGE box of the most beautiful berries I've ever seen, so rather than to lose the last of them to age, I've gone the dehydrating route.)
My Private Note
small s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Purée chopped strawberries with the applesauce and passionfruit syrup.
- 2Spray the fruit leather sheet of your dehydrator (the one without holes) with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Pour the puréed fruit carefully into the tray set into the bottom section of your dehydrator. Dehydrate at full power for up to 8 hours, depending on the power of your machine, checking periodically toward the end of that time to see that there aren't any wet or sticky spots.
- 4When done, cool for a couple of minutes and carefully slide a butter knife or thin spatula under the leather.
- 5Cut into 2-4 pieces and roll into cylinders. Store in zip lock baggies.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passion Strawberry Fruit Leather - Dehydrator Roll-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: