Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Southern Living; for my taste, this one is a hottie.
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped celery
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped onions
- 6 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, undrained
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- corn chips
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; add black-eyed peas, tomatoes, and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine flour and water, stirring until flour dissolves; add to pea mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with corn chips.
- **Fornachos, spoon hot dip onto corn chips, and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.