Recipe by Sherrie-pie
From the Daily Mail. This just looks so delicious and I have to keep this recipe.
- 250 g mascarpone
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 284 ml double cream
- 9 passion fruit, plus
- 1 passion fruit, for decoration
- 6 slices sponge cakes (thick slices)
- 3 peaches, stoned and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla until smooth. In a seperate bowl,whisk the double cream until it is softly whipped. Fold the mascarpone mix into the whipped cream and set aside.
- Cut eight of the passion fruit in half and scoop the pulp into a small bowl. Slice the crusts off the brioche if using, then cut each slice in half.
- Lay the brioche or cake in the bottom of a trifle dish or glass bowl. Top this with half of the passion fruit pulp, and half of the peach slices. Then spoon over a half of the mascarpone cream. Repeat the layers once more (keeping a few peach slices back for the top), topping off with a layer of mascarpone.
- Finish with the rest of the peach and drizzle over the pulp from the last passion fruit. The trifle will keep in the fridge for up to a day. Decorate the top just before serving.