Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is an extra lucious tart, gilded with white chocolate.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons whipping cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
PASSION FRUIT CURD
- 1 cup frozen guava-passion-orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 3 large egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces high quality white chocolate, chopped
- white chocolate curls, garnish (shaved from long edge of choclate bar with vegetable peeler)
- For crust; using electric mixer, beat sugar, butter and salt in medium bowl until blended.
- Beat in 3 tsp cream and egg yolk.
- Add flour and beat until moist clumps form, adding more cram by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
- Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk.
- Wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- For curd; whisk first 4 ingredients in heavy large saucepan; add butter.
- Whisk over medium low heat until butter melts.
- Stir until filling thickens and leaves path on back of the spoon when finger is drawn across, about 11 minutes.
- (Do not boil) Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Press plastic wrap onto surface.
- Chilluntil firm, at least 6 hours and up to 1 day.
- For meringue; preheat oven to 275*F.
- Using plate or cake pan as aid, draw 9 inch circle on sheet of parchment.
- Turn parchment over and place on baking sheet (circle will show through).
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until meringue is stiff and shiny.
- Spoon into pastry bag fitted with 3/8th inch round tip.
- Starting in center, pip tight spiral of meringue to fillcircle.
- Bake meringue until pale golden and puffed but still slightly soft to touch.
- About 45 minutes.
- Cool on sheet.
- Roll out crust on floured surface to 12 inch round.
- Transfer dough to a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Trim overhang to 1/4 inch.
- Fold in and press, making double thick sides.
- Pierce all over with fork.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Bake crust 5 minutes.
- Press up sides with back of fork.
- Bake crust until golden, pressing occasionally with back of fork to keep shape, about 13 minutes longer.
- Spread curd in crust; chill tart.
- Place 1 1/2 ounces of white chocolate in microwave safe cup.
- Microwave at low setting for 10 second intervals until softened; stir until smooth.
- Spread over bottom of meringue.
- Chill meringue, chocolate side up, until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
- Place meringue chocolate side down, atop tart.
- MOund chocolate curls on meringue.
- (Can be made 8 hours ahead, chill).
- Release tart from pan and serve.