Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
serve the souffles with ice-cream, cream or fruit yogurt.
- cooking spray
- caster sugar
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup strained passion fruit pulp
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, extra
- sifted icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Lightly grease 4 ovenproof dishes (1/2 cup capacity) with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle inside each dish with caster sugar; shake out excess.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl.
- Stir in orange juice, strained passion fruit pulp and egg yolk; mix until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites in another bowl with an electric mixer until sort peaks form.
- Add the extra icing sugar, then beat on high speed for a further minute
- Fold about 1/4 of the egg white mixture into the passion fruit mixture, then gently fold in the remaining egg with mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dishes.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 8 mins, or until souffles are puffed and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle souffles with a little extra icing sugar and serve immediately.