Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy muffin recipe.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (in jar)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 cup passion fruit pulp
- 3⁄4 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- Preheat oven 200c.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Beat egg whites and sugar for 1 min in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Stir bicarb soda into the apple sauce (it will froth) then add to bowl.
- Stir in milk.
- Gently fold flour into the mixture in one go, DO NOT BEAT as this will make the muffins tough.
- Carefully fold in passion fruit pulp and raspberries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin, dividing into 10 cups.
- Bake 15-20 mins or until firm to touch in centre.
- Allow muffins to sit in the pan for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool.