Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006-South Africa. From the "Best of International Cooking" cookbook. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin (1 TBSP)
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- whipped cream
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- crystallized ginger, pieces
- In a 1-1/2 quart bowl, soften gelatin in 1 tablespoon cold water, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup boiling water until gelatin dissolves. Add sugar and juices; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate until center is syrupy and outer portion has begun to set, 30 to 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whip 1 cup cream until stiff; fold into partially set gelatin. Spoon mixture into 4 dessert dishes; refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
- Decorate each serving with a dollop of whipped cream, cherries, chopped nuts, and ginger pieces.
Very easy to make and delicious to eat. Thank you.