Recipe by toninalani
Really simple recipe that can be embellished with your favorite ingredients such as chocolate chips or shredded coconut. Did a similar version except used store-bought sugar cookies to use as the crust. Substitute your favorite jam, jelly or preserve to make it your own!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter, cold - 2 sticks
- 10 ounces jelly, passion fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F; grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, pecans, and egg in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of prepared pan.
- Stir passion fruit jelly to soften; carefully spread over crumb mixture in pan. Crumble reserved crumb mixture evenly over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.