Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Really simple recipe that can be embellished with your favorite ingredients such as chocolate chips or shredded coconut. Did a similar version except used store-bought sugar cookies to use as the crust. Substitute your favorite jam, jelly or preserve to make it your own!
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml pecans, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml butter, cold - 2 sticks
- 283.49 g jelly, passion fruit
- Heat oven to 350°F; grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, pecans, and egg in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of prepared pan.
- Stir passion fruit jelly to soften; carefully spread over crumb mixture in pan. Crumble reserved crumb mixture evenly over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.
I added white chocolate chunks to these and served them for my kids after school play date.. heavenly
These are so easy to make and really good! Since I didn't have any lilikoi jelly I took your advice and "made it my own" with some homemade Port Wine Jelly. The consistency of the cookie is somewhere between a pan cookie and a bar dessert, with a light (almost fluffy) bottom crust. The pecans added a lot of flavor. I can see making this will all sorts of jams, jellies and preserves in the future. Thanks for posting this great recipe!