Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
a Brazilian cocktail
- 1⁄4 fresh lime, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 3 ounces pure passion-fruit juice (preferably Looza brand)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces rum, cachaca
- Add lime wedges and sugar to an 8-ounce short glass and muddle by pounding and pressing with a wooden spoon until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill glass with ice and add passion-fruit juice and cachaca, then stir well.
I think this is my new favorite drink! Sometimes cachaca-based drinks can be harsh because much of the cachaca available in US liquor stores is not of the highest caliber, but this was sweet, a little tart and very easy to drink. I like caipirinhas with just the lime and sugar, but the passionfruit juice put this one over the top. I definitely would've had two of these if I didn't have a couple of other drinks to try for Culinary Quest, lol. Thanks for posting!