Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great refreshing sorbet recipe using kiwifruit and passionfruit. Great for a tropical Christmas dinner!
- Boil the water and sugar for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the peeled kiwifruits and lemon juice.
- Add to the syrup with the lemon zest and mix well.
- Freeze until slushy.
- Turn the mixture into a bowl and add the scooped out flesh of the passionfruit.
- Whisk till smooth and freeze again till firm- allow to soften in the fridge a little before serving.
This was fabulous. I have never actually made sorbet before and this recipe was easy to follow and to make. I will be making this one a lot more over the summer weather
I actually replaced the kiwifruit with dragon fruit which is very similar in consistency except being a glorious red in colour, and added a tiny bit of Cointreau as this was for Christmas dessert. Nice and refreshing given our tropical climate!