Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I watched this on the food network was amazed with the results... True kitchen Alchemy - still cant believe the results, the family was impressed.
- butter, for greasing
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 organic egg whites
- 120 ml custard
- 1 passion fruit, halved, seeds and pulp scraped out
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and halved lengthways
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease two ramekin dishes with butter and sprinkle with one tablespoon of the caster sugar.
- Place the egg whites into a large clean bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed. Add the remaining sugar and whisk again until thick and glossy.
- Place the custard into a separate large bowl, add the passionfruit seeds and pulp and mix well. Gently fold in the whisked egg whites. Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins and place onto a baking sheet.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until risen and golden-brown.
- Meanwhile, for the bananas, heat the butter in a non-stick pan until it turns slightly brown. Add the sugar and the bananas and cook, stirring frequently, until the bananas are golden-brown all over.
- To serve, place the soufflés onto serving plates in their ramekin dishes. Place the bananas alongside and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Garnish with fresh mint.
- To serve.
- vanilla ice cream.
- few sprigs fresh mint.