Recipe by BecR
Passion fruit have a unique fragrance and flavor which makes this syllabub quite irresistible! Recipe is from the book 'Herbal Pleasures'.
- 6 passion fruit
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized angelica, plus more to decorate
- 2 fresh limes, grated rind and juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup thick-set natural yogurt (such as Greek yogurt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop out the flesh, seeds and juice of the passion fruit and divide between 6 serving dishes. Place the crystallized angelica in a food processor with the lime rind and juice, and blend to a puree.
- In a large bowl, mix the lime puree with the wine and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Whip the cream until it begins to form soft peaks and then gradually beat in the wine mixture - the cream should thicken slightly. Whisk in the yogurt.
- Spoon the cream mixture over the passion fruit, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Decorate with more crystallized angelica before serving.