Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an old Texas favorite. So yummy and easy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 cups peaches, sliced
- 1⁄2-1 cup brown sugar, for topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Melt butter until slightly brown Pour into an 8-by-12-inch baking dish.
- Mix sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk.
- Pour into melted butter.
- Do not stir.
- Cover top of batter with peaches.
- Do not mix.
- Cover top of peaches with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
I make dessert for Wednesday church dinner. I have the hardest time finding something to feed a large number of people that is simple and inexpensive. This recipe was so perfect. I made several for church and one just for home. Also made it with blueberries as well as peaches. Both were wonderful!I had to cook them for longer than the recipe for longer but it came out awsome. Worth the wait . My daughter even helped me and had fun. We will be making this often. W
We have a peach tree and we had 85 peaches to us so I tried this recipe. I had my family over and everyone loved it and asked for a copy of the recipe. I found it really easy to make and very tasty! Thank you robinjoy!
Wonderful. Added a little nutmeg and cinnamon.Just wonderful.