1/5 Photos of Passatelli Dei Nonni (Bread and Parmesan Cheese Soup)
Try this soup! Passatelli are a classic specialty from Emila-Romagna (Italy) the region where my father comes from. My children love this soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the bread crumbs, Parmesan, nutmeg and the lemon zest in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and carefully mix together with your hands until it forms a soft dough-like consistency.
- 2The mixture should be like a wet dough, barely holding together.
- 3If it seems too stiff, add 1 tablespoon water or stock. If it’s too soft, add more breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- 4Allow the dough to rest for approximately 20 minutes in a cool place.
- 5Once ready, put the dough in a food mill or ricer. Press to create short noodles (like little worms).
- 6Bring the meat stock to a boil and add the pasta. Once the passatelli have risen to the surface, they are ready to eat.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passatelli Dei Nonni (Bread and Parmesan Cheese Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 162.0 mg
- Sodium 1574.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 18.7 g