Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from an appetizer book that I inherited from my mother. It was published in 1952 and I have fond memories of this dip as a child.
- 2 (5 ounce) jars sharp cheddar cheese (Kraft Old English)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce, several shakes- to taste
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams (use only 1/2 the liquid)
- Mix together and bake until cheese melts.
- Best when served warm with assorted crackers. Can be used chilled as a spread.
- (Note that the 12 servings is only for nutritional information. Count on everyone eating MANY servings!).
this had a real good flavor. i will however place the green onions and green pepper into a food processor to make them really fine so they arent sticking out in the dip. but yeah i liked this dip and you almost need a small chaffing dish or something to keep it warm so that the cheese doesnt firm up to fast. but yeah ill definatly make this again