Recipe by Stellula
Fast, easy, delicious. What else could anyone want? I've adapted this "recipe" from a dinner my friend, Anne, made for me. The recipe is being passed along from person to person as I've made it for friends, and they've made it for others as well. This is kind of what food and cooking is all about, right? This recipe is not particular. Make changes to suit your tastes. I love lime juice, so I add more and more fresh juice every chance I get.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (add more if you like it hot)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 lime, sliced
- 4 -6 tortillas (depending on how you load them up)
- 1 -2 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium-large frying pan, heat oil over medium.
- Cook onion and garlic, about 2 min, until just becoming transparent.
- Add peppers and heat until soft.
- Add black beans until everything is hot.
- Squeeze 1/2 of lime juice over all ingredients just before serving.
- Warm tortillas, add optional ingredients, and top with bean mixture.
- Squeeze more lime juice over everything before folding up burrito style.