Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast, easy, delicious. What else could anyone want? I've adapted this "recipe" from a dinner my friend, Anne, made for me. The recipe is being passed along from person to person as I've made it for friends, and they've made it for others as well. This is kind of what food and cooking is all about, right? This recipe is not particular. Make changes to suit your tastes. I love lime juice, so I add more and more fresh juice every chance I get.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (add more if you like it hot)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 lime, sliced
- 4 -6 tortillas (depending on how you load them up)
- 1 -2 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- In medium-large frying pan, heat oil over medium.
- Cook onion and garlic, about 2 min, until just becoming transparent.
- Add peppers and heat until soft.
- Add black beans until everything is hot.
- Squeeze 1/2 of lime juice over all ingredients just before serving.
- Warm tortillas, add optional ingredients, and top with bean mixture.
- Squeeze more lime juice over everything before folding up burrito style.
A really good, fast meal.
I was starving and didn't want to make a big mess for lunch. These were perfect! I used yellow pepper and red onion and Penzey's southwest seasoning for the jalapeno. I didn't have limes, but used Newman's Pineapple Salsa and that added a bit of citrus. Very filling and tasty! Stellula, thanks for a great recipe!
This was a great base recipe! The more you add to it the better. Maybe some avocado...some chicken...the possibilities are endless. The other plus is that I was sick the night we made these and didn't feel like cooking. My husband saw that it was so easy that he offered to make it! Now, that's a great recipe! Thanks Stellula