1/1 Photo of Pass-It-Along Black Bean Burritos
Fast, easy, delicious. What else could anyone want? I've adapted this "recipe" from a dinner my friend, Anne, made for me. The recipe is being passed along from person to person as I've made it for friends, and they've made it for others as well. This is kind of what food and cooking is all about, right? This recipe is not particular. Make changes to suit your tastes. I love lime juice, so I add more and more fresh juice every chance I get.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (add more if you like it hot)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 lime, sliced
- 4 -6 tortillas (depending on how you load them up)
- 1 -2 tomato, chopped (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1In medium-large frying pan, heat oil over medium.
- 2Cook onion and garlic, about 2 min, until just becoming transparent.
- 3Add peppers and heat until soft.
- 4Add black beans until everything is hot.
- 5Squeeze 1/2 of lime juice over all ingredients just before serving.
- 6Warm tortillas, add optional ingredients, and top with bean mixture.
- 7Squeeze more lime juice over everything before folding up burrito style.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pass-It-Along Black Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.2
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 596.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 17.2 g