Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The pizza stone we bought came with recipes. This is one of them. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks really, really good!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1 garlic clove, thinly-sliced vertically
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian plum tomatoes, chopped and drained well
- In a large, deep frypan, lightly brown garlic in oil--do not burn. Discard garlic.
- Add crumbled sausage, onion and fennel to oil in frypan and saute over medium-high heat till sausage is browned.
- Drain all liquid from pan.
- Add well-drained tomatoes, 1/4-cup cheese, oregano, basil and salt.
- Simmer over low heat, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
- Spoon half of topping onto each shell (pizza crust) using slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 450-475 degrees for 20-25 minutes or till crust is crisp and brown.
This is the best Pizza I have ever had, I make it all the time Guest Love it!
I cook it on a pizza stone purchased from Sears 25 years ago and this was one of the recipes
You won%u2019t have any leftover that%u2019s for sure
I used this topping to dress up a frozen cheese pizza. The flavor is fabulous - a perfect combination of seasonings. I will use this again and again. Can't wait to try it with homemade pizza dough. Thanks for sharing.