Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I cut from the TV Guide almost 20 years ago! Anyone remember Pasquale's cooking show? I believe the actual name of this recipe was "piccola polpetta" which means small meatball. This makes a very nice light, thin sauce which is simply delicious. To keep it simple or in off season you can substitute a can of tomatoes in place of the fresh but in season the sauce is devine with the fresh tomatoes.
- Combine meat, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chili powder. Form into quite small sized meatballs.
- Heat oil in frypan, brown meatballs, add onion and garlic. When browned, add tomatoes, chicken broth, wine and tomato paste. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over thin spaghetti al dente.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
This was a very tasty and different spaghetti dish! I really liked the wine/fresh tomato sauce and the texture of the meatballs. This recipe is a keeper!