Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice flavorful stew with hominy and linquica sausage. Can be vegetarian, leaving out the linquica.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy (white or golden)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic
- 2 cups sliced linguica sausage
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons goya recaito
- In a large saucepan, or dutch oven add all ingredients, and simmer over a low heat, covered until the potatoes are tender, and the flavors blended.
- Use your own discretion on the amount of spices to use.
- Goya's Recaito is a nice addition and gives the stew the cilantro flavor.
- Serve with some hot sauce, and a nice crusty bread.
- Leave out the linquica and it's a great vegetarian stew.
I loved this soup, it was quite easy and great for a chilly night. I did change some of the ingredients and steps. I couldn't find diced tomatoes with garlic so I used fresh garlic, which I sauted with the onion and then added the celery. After they became transluscent I added the linquica and hominy. I used fire roasted tomatoes which added an addtional smokey flavor. I used White Rose potatoes, as they tend not to break down and crumble as other potatoes often do. I served it with a green salad, delicious.