Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Searching for pashtida recipes online I found this, originally from Classic Kosher Cooking by Sara Finkel. Cooking time includes the boiling of the potatoes.
- 0.75 (1 lb) package pastry dough
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 large red peppers, diced
- 2 large green peppers, diced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 8 large potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Roll out dough to fit an 11 x 17- inch cookie sheet. For thicker portions, use a 9 x 13- inch pan.
- Saute onions in oil until soft.
- Add remaining vegetables except potatoes, and saute for an additional ten minutes.
- Combine with potatoes, eggs, and seasonings. Spread over dough.
- Bake for one hour at 350°F.