Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is such a fun way to eat pizza. The first time I tried it I did not even realize that the crust was made out of spaghetti. It is really easy to make and fills you up quick. Use what you like to top it with, but keep in mind what goes well with spaghetti. For example I tried ham and pineapple and it was not very good.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (what you like)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- sliced pepperoni or cooked hamburger or cooked sausage
- mushroom (optional)
- Break spaghetti into 2" pieces.
- In a large pan cook according to directions and cool.
- In a large bowl beat eggs slightly.
- Stir in milk, cheese, garlic salt and salt.
- Add cooked spaghetti and stir until well combined.
- Grease a cookie sheet (10 1/2 x 15 1/2) and spread spaghetti mixture in it.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread spaghetti sauce evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle cheese, meat and other toppings on top.
- Return to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ What an unusual way to do up a 'pizza!' I used my homemade Jo Mamma's spaghetti sauce (with sausage) & topped it off with the mozzarella cheese ~ OUTSTANDING! Thanks for posting this!
OH MY GOSH GOOD. Great starter recipe.I really took liberties while making this. I cooked the pizza like a pasta frittata over the stove then broiled to set the top instead of inverting it. Then "crust" when that was done I put the sauce and cheese and some mushrooms on top and broiled until the cheese bubbled. My mother said this was the best thing she thinks she as ever ate! Thanks so much for this great idea!!!
Very tasty. I used ground turkey (browned first) and canned mushrooms for the topping. Next time I make it, I will cut back a little on the spaghetti. It makes a good sized batch, so there's plenty for leftovers.