Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an absolutely phenomenal recipe for those who observe the laws of Kosher eating or for those who want a vegan/non-dairy cheese wizz alternative. While I would not recommend storing this for more than a couple days, it can be reconstituted by adding a bit of water and re-warming it up.
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth (water can be substituted if necessary)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch saffron, for colour (optional)
- Heat broth in a pot until hot, but not boiling.
- Add nutritional yeast and stir until well mixed.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Season with additional salt, pepper and ketchup to taste.
- Continue heating until you reach the consistency you want. I usually add some corn starch to make it thicker.
- Serve hot over pasta, vegetables, toast, fries, chicken, etc. etc. etc.!