Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kick up your salsa with tequila!
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; let sit at room temperature for 1 hour to let flavours blend (or refrigerate for longer storage if you wish).
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping or as a topping for fajitas or tacos.
Thanks Lennie!! I have been searching for a great salsa recipe and I have found that in yours. The tequila adds just the right kick. The combination of the fresh ingredients makes for a wonderful flavor sensation. Two thumbs way up!!
GREAT salsa! Made it for New Years Eve party in Texas! Everyone loved it! We even put EXTRA Tequila in it too! Thanks for a great receipe!Tammy@ Lindburg@neto.com
Oh, Lennie!!!! This salsa is UNREAL!!!! I do NOT like the taste of tequila, so I was desperate to use up a bottle I had won at a party. I halved the recipe because I'll admit I was a bit skeptical, but this salsa is WONDERFUL!! Next time I will DOUBLE the recipe!!! Only thing I added was a bit of ground black pepper, and I didn't add the hot peppers, just because of personal preference. KEEPER!!! Thank you so much for posting this recipe!! I LOVE YOU!!/lol ~Manda