Recipe by Garlic Chick
At a party I attended at holiday time, this was a huge hit. People were even typing the recipe into their cell phones. At my annual party in December it was a hit again - cleaned out completely! I took it to a friend's party and it was the first thing to go, and it's so easy. Use Walla Walla or Vidalia onions for the best flavor. Serve this with mild flavored crackers such as wheat thins.
Top Review by Bayhill
Everyone at my dinner party enjoyed this dip. It goes together very quickly and easily. It is rich, but oh so good. I made this as written except that I used regular mayonnaise because I didn't have any light on hand. Thank you for sharing.
**Made for Fall 2011 PAC**
- 2 cups shredded jarlsberg cheese
- 1 -2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 minced garlic cloves (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic together.
- Add shredded cheese and chopped onion - I like a lot of onion, but use your own judgment.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Put in an ovenproof casserole big enough to hold the mixture with some "bubble" room.
- Bake in a 400F oven for about 30-40 minutes until it is browned and bubbly and the onion is cooked through.
- Serve hot with crackers.