1/4 Photos of Party Wrapped Angel Food Cake
2 hrs 10 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a make ahead dessert recipe. Quick and easy. You can use any fruit juice and fruit. I used apple juice and mandarin oranges for this post. Photos show you the steps. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan add sugar and 1/2 cup.
- 2water, add the dry gelatin. Heat on low heat. Stir until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. I use a wire whisk.
- 3Add the apple juice and mix.
- 4Place in the refrigerator until the gelatin starts to soft set. It must be spoonable.
- 5This will set quickly so check frequently.
- 6Find a deep flat bottomed serving bowl that is round, about an inch and a half larger in diameter than the angel food cake.
- 7Spray the bowl with Pam.
- 8Place the angel food cake in the bowl, bottom side up.
- 9Spoon soft set gelatin around the sides of the bowl,pushing the gelatin down with the edge of the spoon. Do this until all sides of the bowl are filled to the top with the gelatin. Fill the center hole of the cake.
- 10Place the gelatin filled cake bowl in the refrigerator. Chill at least 2 hours or you can leave overnight.
- 11To unmold: Dip the bowl in some hot water for a few seconds. I mean only 2 to 3 seconds. You do not want to melt the gelatin.
- 12Find a platter that has raised edges. Put platter over the bowl. Turn quickly upside down to unmold. Cake with the gelatin wrap should plop right out.
- 13Garnish with drained mandarin oranges, or.
- 14fruit of your choice.
- 15Cooling time is listed as cooking time.
- 16Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 17I have used cran-raspberry juice with raspberries; cran-grape juice with sliced grapes; strawberry Jello with sliced strawberries; orange pineapple juice with crushed pineapple; lime or lemon Jello with kiwi fruit; lemonade works well with Knox also; peach Jello with sliced peaches.
- 18I used to use a 7 1/2-quart Tupperware bowl with lid and turn it upside down a few times but this works also and you don't have to purchase the packaged flavored gelatin which is more expensive than using fruit juices and Knox.
- 19Use 2 cups of water if you use the large Jello packages which call for 4 cups of water.
- 20For 4th of July celebration, Independence Day you can use blueberry for the Bottom and strawberry or raspberry for the top, so you have two colors on the side of the cake and white cake inside and two colors of gelatin in the middle. The possibilities are endless and I have fun thinking of combinations.
- 21Cooling time is cooking time (passive).
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Party Wrapped Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g