Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy to prepare, nice change of pace and it adds to the holiday mood of your table. From Real Dairy Food.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red apples
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool slightly.
- Stir in sour cream until smooth. Refrigerate until thickened.
- Mix apple, celery, walnuts and lemon juice. Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into 6-cup mold.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. To serve, unmold salad onto lettuce leaves.
- If desired, garnish with dollops of sour cream, sprinkle with chopped nuts. Note: Cook time does not include chill time.
- Makes 12 servings.