Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Serve on cocktail bread slices. Must chill at least 2 hours.
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine carrot, cucumber, celery, green pepper and onion.
- Drain on paper towels for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
I stuck with the base of this recipe but changed the vegetables that I put in it according to what I had on hand. I used carrots, broccoli, red pepper, and shallots and thought it was very good. I actually used it as a veggie dip and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for posting!
Made this for bunko and everyone loved it. I used RF cream cheese and mayo. Also, I chopped the veggies in the food processor, then just dumped in the remaining ingredients and whirled it all together. Didn't really need to drain the veggies. I did think it needed a bit of something else, like some garlic or dill, to perk up the flavor a little more.
I just omitted the onions. I used a little bit of Mrs Dash seasoning instead of salt and a dash of pepper. It's delicious. We served it with crackers. Thanks Sweety :) Made for Market tag.