Recipe by pines506
This is a different version of the seven-layer overnight salad. I really like the homemade parmesan mayo in it. Although you can easily substitute store bought mayo and add grated parmesan. Cooking time is the refrigeration time.
- 1 head lettuce
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained,sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs (I use Italian seasoning mix or dill seasoning mix)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp,crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup salad oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large, clear glass salad bowl, layer first the lettuce evenly.
- Top with onion, celery, green pepper, water chestnus and unthawed peas.
- Make sure to make an even layer of each ingredient.
- Make Parmesan Mayo: Put egg, parmesan cheese, vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard into blender container or work bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade.
- Turn motor on.
- Very slowly add oil, blending until an emulsified mayonnaise forms.
- Spread Parmesan mayonnaise evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving layer top of salad with sliced eggs, sliced tomatoes, cheese and bacon.