Recipe by Lennie
This is one of my husband's favourite dishes ... but it's rich so he only gets it when we have guests!
Top Review by dale!
A truly tasty meal. The sauce had plenty of mushrooms and flavour. I served this with thinly sliced potatoes which I steamed and then baked briefly in a hot oven to brown and broccoli.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal cutlets
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Buy the thinnest veal cutlets you can, or pound the ones you have until they're thin.
- Cut into serving size pieces and dredge in the flour.
- Saute quickly in the butter.
- Remove from pan and keep warm in a low oven.
- Saute onions and mushrooms over high heat in the same pan.
- Add wine and cream and reduce to medium; stir until thick.
- Stir in lemon juice and spices.
- Place veal on an attractive serving platter and pour sauce over.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley if you have the time or inclination.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
- Sit back and wait for the raves.