2 hrs 15 mins
Andrea Christine's Note:
This recipe is a family favorite. My mom inherited this recipe from my Great-Grandma Cook. My dad and I always look forward to the fall-winter (if you could call it that here in Texas!) seasons because my mom always makes it for us! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- 2Mix Chex cereals, nuts, and pretzels in a large roasting pan.
- 3Melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
- 4Add salts and Worcestershire sauce.
- 5Bring to a boil for about 3-5 minutes. Just enough to meld the spices together.
- 6Pour over cereal mixture and coat thoroughly.
- 7Cover with foil and bake in oven.
- 8Stir every 20 minutes the first hour.
- 9Uncover and stir every 20 minutes the second hour.
- 10Let cool and enjoy!
- 11Just a precaution: This stuff IS addicting. Do NOT eat a lot at a time because you WILL get a bad tummy ache. My daddy found that out the hard way.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Party Treat (My Family's Version of Chex Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (4180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.9
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 1198.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: