Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is a family favorite. My mom inherited this recipe from my Great-Grandma Cook. My dad and I always look forward to the fall-winter (if you could call it that here in Texas!) seasons because my mom always makes it for us! Enjoy!
- 1 (17 ounce) box Corn Chex
- 1 (17 ounce) box Rice Chex
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) box Wheat Chex
- 1 (8 ounce) can mixed nuts
- 1 (18 ounce) bag pretzels
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix Chex cereals, nuts, and pretzels in a large roasting pan.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add salts and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil for about 3-5 minutes. Just enough to meld the spices together.
- Pour over cereal mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven.
- Stir every 20 minutes the first hour.
- Uncover and stir every 20 minutes the second hour.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Just a precaution: This stuff IS addicting. Do NOT eat a lot at a time because you WILL get a bad tummy ache. My daddy found that out the hard way.